Translate

Saturday, July 6, 2019

The Collar: Advanced Science Fiction Thinking

Some of my most advanced science fiction thinking has been on the topic of collars and collaring, for my Collar World series, which is six books long now, counting works in progress. Already published are “Stolen Collar, Stolen Heart,” a novel, “Collar Dread,” another novel, “Crazy Aunts and Scary Uncles,” a 38,000-word novelette, and “Campus Slut Run,” a 9000-word short story. In the works are “The Visitor from Incel World” (a completed novel, but in editing) and Conquest of Incel World, which I'm about 60,000 words into, but will likely run to 80,000 words or more.

You can find the Amazon links to buy them all at my International Bookstore site.

I've invested a lot into Collar World, but that's primarily because I did some world-building before I set pen to paper. One thing I gave a lot of thought to was the technology of collars.

Currently, collars are inert pieces of metal that are often beautifully designed for aesthetic and functional reasons, but in my Collar World series, they're much more than that.


 This slave collar looks like it could hide the guts of three or four cell phones inside it and still be plenty thick enough to be an effective restraint.

In Collar World, collars are filled with all sorts of tech wizardry. They have GPS locators so their wearers can't get lost, they function as cell phones and as credit cards. They can also record video and conversations. Basically, anything a cell phone can do, a collar can do.


 This collar could probably hide just one cell-phone-equvalent's worth of electronics but one is all that's needed.

The collar can be linked to a dedicated controller, a screen or a desktop controller via cord, bluetooth or wifi, depending.

I don't see why any of this tech isn't possible right now with present day tech. Of course, the collar would have to be a large, thick one, either a leather collar with pockets to hold the electronics or a large metal collar with a hollow interior to hold the electronics. A thin wire necklace collar wouldn't do, though I'm sure if tech collars became popular, Apple would design one.

This isn't completely original with me. In Second Life they have virtual collars that can do all this and more besides, restricting the wearer's sight, hearing and ability to move around in the game, and making their body assume poses whether the wearer likes it or not.

But real life collars that have most functions of a cell phone are, to my mind, definitely possible. Frankly I don't know why we haven't seen them for sale in the specialty websites yet. Well, I do have some guesses, mostly based on ignorance.

For example, I remember reading about the electronic fields created by cell phones was at one time a concern, that having the phones on one's body could lead to sterility, etc.  I don't recall anything ever coming of that, so it probably is not a big deal, but I don't KNOW if that's true. Could be some concerns with wearing a microwave/bluetooth/wifi emitter around your neck. I don't know. But the guys at scifi worldbuilding might.

There may also be cultural barriers. If collars as phones or credit cards for subs became a common thing, phone services might not be willing to carry collar phones, and/or banks might not be willing to process credit transactions from collars.

I don't know that that's the case, just guessing that there might be problems. Banks tend to separate themselves from the sexy.

There might also be physical stresses on the electronics in a collar, but ordinary cell phones have to endure a lot of stress too, and they mostly do all right. And frankly, I think a large metal collar would provide much better protection for the electronics within it than your average cell phone casing, and still keep its wearer securely attached to the bed/post/whatever.

Well, there you have it. Advanced collar tech for the busy sub on the go. Probably not feasible because people get so freaked out about sex in our current culture. But there's no TECHNICAL reason why they couldn't exist, that I know of.

I've also given a lot of advanced science fictional thought to how widely accepted collars for slavegirls (as on Collar World) might work. More on that later.

In the meantime, one of you builders of collars get out there and make my techno-collar visions come true.

No comments: