Translate

Monday, June 3, 2019

So What Have I Done For Me Lately?


Random bondage image!


So, currently I'm writing a story called "The Road To Aquibonya" which is a fantasy piece about a merchant who buys a dozen slavegirls who are half succubi in magic-enshrouded Callipygia to sell in a distant city in Aquibonya, a less magical (but not entirely unmagical) place.

The story looks like it's going to run about 30,000 words, and it contains a single sex scene that is 8000 words long. Now that's value for your money!

It was conceived of as a quickie story I could, ahem, pump out while I worked on marketing "The Visitor from Incel World," a novel-length story I've written in the Collar World series that is not erotica.

You see, it turns out that for non-erotica, you can't just write them and set them out there and let people read them. You have to market them, which is distressingly like work.

What's more, I have no idea HOW to market non-erotica, never having done so before. So I've been reading about that. Unfortunately, much of the information that's out there is clearly bullshit. It falls under the heading of sales blather, and there is a shitload of that stuff. I remember watching a video of a guy saying “When you have a potential reader interested, he is invested!” and staring at the camera significantly, as if that meant something.

But one bit of advice I did encounter that seems to make good sense is “Tell your readers about what you're working on to maintain their interest.”

This makes sense, and it also strikes me as a natural and direct way of marketing, just tell people what's up, let them figure out what they want to do.

So I'll tyr to post something every day and let you know what's up, and you can be interested or not, it's your call. Works for me.

No comments: