Translate

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Is "Road to Aquibonya" a gamelit harem fantasy adventure?" (with non-random slavegirl image)

I pretty much finished the first draft of *Road to Aquibonya* yesterday. Just go a couple hundred words, maybe a thousand at most, to go on it. I never know exactly how long I have to go because I'm what writers call a "pantser" not an outliner. (A "pantser" is a writer who writes "by the seat of his (or her) pants" rather than doing an outline of the story and following the outline.) I actually do outlines of my novel length stuff, or stuff that looks like it will go novel length, nowadays, as it has certain advantages in plotting, but I'm still enough of a pantser that any outline I create changes as the work in progress progresses.

I have noticed that a lot of stories on Amazon are bieng sold as “gamelit harem” stories, or “gamelit reverse harem” stories. I am confident that Road to Aquibonya fills the bill as far as being a harem fantasy adventure erotica” story because damn: one magical guy, 13 half-succubus slavegirls, magical battles left and right, 8000-word sex scene, what the HELL else would it be?

But … is it gamelit? “Gamelit” seems fairly broadly defined: it is a story whose format fits fairly well with various tabletop and video games. Like Dungeons & Dragons and World of Warcraft. I'm not sure EXACTLY what this means, that's the issue. I feel that my story's mythology fits fairly well into D&D and WoW, but it doesn't have exactly the same mechanics as WoW or D&D. But my character does collect mana throughout the story in order to have a shot at winning the battle with the Big Boss at the end …

..what the hell. It IS a gamelit story. Whaddya know. Sometimes just asking a question gets you your answer.

OK, here's a non-random bondage image. I say non-random because I picked it  for this portion so I could write about it a bit. It's just a pic of a naked woman wearing a collar, lying on her back on a bed. Take a look at it:



I find it a fascinating image. She lies on a bed with the spread down, naked, a collar around her neck. She is giving contrasting signals with her body. Her knees are wide apart, allowing the viewer to easily see her pussy, but her feet are held together. Her hands are clasped together, but they're not being used to shield her body, she's resting on them.

Her eyes confront the viewer directly, almost challengingly. Her nakedness and her posture on the bed indicate that she is there for the viewer's pleasure. But her expression indicates that she is not necessarily comfortable there. She might be a new slavegirl, not yet fully accustomed to obedience.

But that steel collar around her neck is the capper. It, along with the fact that she is lying there naked with her knees spread apart before you, tells you that however she feels about what is ordered, she will obey. If you tell her to roll over and spread her butt cheeks apart and wait for whatever enters, she will do that. If you tell her to suck your cock, she will do that. She is a slave, whether she likes it or not, and she knows it, however she feels about it.

That's some really nice storytelling. Kudoes to the photographer and the model for creating such an evocative image. I may be reading more into it than is really there, but I honestly don't think so.

No comments: