Translate

Friday, May 18, 2012

The LURID Story of Slaves In Bondage


Forget about it, Jake ... it's bondage town!

My flying monkeys found this tasty bit bouncing around the web thanks to Bill Crider's Pop Culture Magazine site. It's a trailer for a 1937 exploitation classic called "Slaves In Bondage." I've not seen the whole film, but it would thoroughly surprise me if there was any actual bondage or slavery to be seen anywhere in the film. However, it probably was a bit of a howl. It surely INTENDED to be lurid, but the date, 1937, is a giveaway that it could not have been. Hayes Code territory, no actual nudity or sex to be seen, thought of, referenced or in any way alluded to in any US film to be shown in movie theaters. (I may be exaggerating a LITTLE .. but not much.)


Here's what the film would PROBABLY have looked like without Hayes Code censorship! Image source: Sex and Submission website. (OK, I might be exaggerating a LITTLE here, too ...)

No comments: