Translate

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

SOPA Explained


Image source: Public Disgrace.com. Text provided by me.

Just so you know, I'll be shutting down Bondagerotica.com tomorrow from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. to protest SOPA, the Stop Online Piracy Act, or, if truth-in-labelling were required of Congressional bills, the "Let's Shut Down The Internet Act" or, to be even more honest, "The Shakedown of Online Providers Act." Since I host almost all the images on this blog on Bondagerotica, this may interfere with the visual element of the blog as well.

It's a terrible piece of legislation that you probably already know all about (I already wrote about it here) and I wish I could ignore it, piece of crap that it is, but people with MUCH more to lose than me are shutting down their sites in protest, and the least I can do is, the same. So I'm doing it!

For more information, visit the Electronic Frontier Foundation page on the topic.

1 comment:

Pat Powers said...

Looks like the widget I placed on bondagerotica had no effect on the artwork stored on it, so this blog still works.