Translate

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Star Wars BDSM Gear -- But No Slave Leia Gear!


"I guess this must be the part of the Force that penetrates you ..." Image source: little something I made up on Second Life.

And the mainstreaming of BDSM continues, with an Etsy crafts group called Geek Kink introducing a whole line of Star Wars themed BDSM gear. Light saber floggers! Light saber canes! Printed silk Darth Vader themed restraints! Empire Strikes Back paddles! I found out about it when my flying monkeys brought in a story about it on I09, which may lose its "mainstream" media papers if they keep this sort of thing up.

The thing I found most notable about the story was the total lack of Slave Leia paraphernalia. I mean, COME ON!!! You're making Star Wars themed kink toys and you take NO advantage of Slave Liea? What the hell are you thinking, Geek Kink people? I mean, I would suspect maybe they are afraid of legal challenges from Disney, which, let's face it, is known for such challenges. But if you have prints of Darth Vader on your restraints, you're just as liable as if you have a Slave Leia set of cuffs.

I mean, Slave Leia gags! Slave Leia buttplugs! Slave Leia armbinders! Slave Leia metal bikini sex harnesses! I KNOW they must have thought of it. The really interesting question is, why didn't they DO it?


"Yeah, why no Slave Liea gear, GeekKink? Inquiring minds want to know! A LOT of inquiring minds! Image source: LeiasMetalBikini.com.


No comments: